Investigative Due Diligence Team
Neil Moran, Vice President
Mr. Moran manages the Due Diligence practice at MSA Investigations, whose clients include, government entities and non-profits, law firms, banks, other financial institutions, and professional sports leagues. Mr. Moran has 12 years serving clients in the private sector since concluding a 29-year career as a Supervisory Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s New York field office.
Mr. Moran’s experience includes:
- Significant private sector experience investigating allegations involving misappropriation of funds, money laundering, bank and securities fraud, employee misconduct, computer crimes and corporate internal investigations
- Expertise in performing extensive background investigations for candidates under consideration for professional sports team ownership
- Investigated violations of federal law, including mail fraud, civil rights, theft from interstate shipment, RICO and labor racketeering
- Awarded the FBI Shield of Bravery and the FBI Star by the Director of the FBI
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Niagara University
- Former Adjunct Professor at St. John’s University in the College of Professional and Legal Studies
Stephen Heskett, Senior Manager
Mr. Heskett is Senior Manager at MSA Investigations, whose clients include government entities and non-profits, law firms, banks, other financial institutions, and professional sports leagues. Mr. Heskett has over nine years of due diligence and investigative research experience. Mr. Heskett was formerly Manager of Investigations at MSAI, where he was responsible for day-to-day operations and has returned to MSAI after serving at another investigative firm for a year.
Mr. Heskett’s experience includes:
- Expertise in conducting due diligence, including high-profile and high-net worth individuals
- Experience in conducting and managing a variety of investigations, including field and undercover surveillance, evidence retrieval, computer forensics, and matrimonial cases
- Lead investigator on a sweeping, high-profile investigation, which resulted in Mr. Heskett testifying before state senates and meeting with political representatives
- Architect and co-author of a yearly report on the availability of controlled substances on the Internet published by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (CASA)
Melissa Rodriguez, Senior Investigative Analyst
Ms. Rodriguez is a Senior Investigative Analyst with MSA Investigations. Ms. Rodriguez conducts comprehensive due diligence research and prepares detailed reports on her investigative findings for clients. Prior to joining MSAI, Ms. Rodriguez was a Senior Due Diligence Researcher at a firm where she worked with fund of hedge funds and other institutional managers to create a due diligence infrastructure. She was instrumental in creating a record-keeping system for researching and evaluating potential hedge fund managers. She also conducted extensive non-investment due diligence research on potential hedge fund managers. Ms. Rodriguez previously worked as an Investigative Analyst at a firm where she performed a wide range of investigative services for attorneys, business entities, and on behalf of individuals. Ms. Rodriguez interned for the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt, USDJ for the Eastern District of New York.
Ms. Rodriguez’s experience includes:
- Conducting due diligence research and analysis on hedge funds and fund of funds. Highlighting and reporting any inconsistencies between the funds’ offering document materials and various disclosure documents
- Extensive experience in performing background investigations for pre-employment screening matters
- Awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, magna cum laude, from Long Island University/C.W. Post